Tuesday, October 21, 2014

UmWowStudio - Pretty in Pink

Hello!

It still surprises me how different my two children are from each other....born that way, I swear. Absolutely unlike my eldest, my youngest is an all out princess. She loves her princess dresses and will clip clop around in her plastic Disney princess heels until it hurts. And of course her favorite color is....pink! So, I have this sweet photo of the princess in a pink ballerina tutu so I thought it would make a perfect pink page. I did have to put my touch and grunge it up a bit of course :) and I had plenty of UmWowStudio goodies to help it along!


I started with 7 Dots Studio paper from the Love is in the Air collection...it had the perfect pink page. Then I altered the background with lots of Tattered Angel mists, watercolor paint, and Neocolor 2 pastel sticks, and some stamping. Next, I used the UWS Checkerboard Mask with heavy gesso.

Now to alter the chipboard...the UWS Layered Butterflies are covered with several layers of metallic acrylic paint. You heat in between the wet layers to get that textured look. I also added Tattered Angel Glimmer Glaze and finished with wash of Distress Ink.



They were so fun to make...I am hooked! I also got my hands on some Fiber Paste (thanks to Yvonne Yam for "introducing" me to them!) and applied it all over the UWS Hexagon Background.



 Cool huh? My finishing touches are the UWS Wild Flower flair and May Arts dark brown twine.

So even though it's not 100% pink, maybe someday my little one will appreciate her mother's version of Pretty in Pink :)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous page! I love the textures and design....and such a precious photo! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. LOVE the textures on the butterflies...yum! And your youngest sounds like my niece...she's so girly and into pink too. They would be besties! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and so grungy at the same time. I love it. And the colors together are fantastic. Love what you've done to the butterfly. I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - would love to see this as a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...