Tuesday, February 18, 2014

You Make My Heart Flutter

Hi everyone,

So a little while back I made a page inspired by February's mood board over at Scrap Around the World:


But I kept coming back to the photo of that very cool cake and decided to make another page. I wanted to do something with overlapping layers so I played around and made these feathers. In fact I have a tutorial which I can't share quite yet, but I'll keep you posted!


The feathers are obviously my most prominent embellishments so I kept other details small. There are many paint, gesso, and stamping layers but I kept the colors soft, more blended.


 I loved using the 7 Dots Studio Love is in the Air paper. They helped give my feathers 'pop'. 


I'm also taking a class by the amazing artist Kal Barteski  and though I didn't use a formal brush, I decided to do a little freestyle handwriting as part of my design for the page.


Cheers!




11 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful, wonderful page. I have still not managed to use treads and make it look as if it should be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout!! I love what you have created with this paper! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning.....those feathers...can't wait to see how you made them, & GO YOU with the script writing!!!! Looks amazing:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome! Love your background and the feathers!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye-popping page! LOVE the feathers.
    And what a sweet photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love, love, love your scrapbooking style. Awesome again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular layout! <3 Love the feathers and the composition! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us at SATW!great combo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool page, I love the feathers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...