Monday, September 19, 2011

Mixing Media

I just finished a page using pencillines sketch #251. Had a lot of fun with this one using some mixed media! The background is canvas that I covered with gift wrapping tissue paper, then painted, inked, and gessoed. Same for the yellow and blue papers except I used tissue paper over cardstock. I just love the texture that tissue creates!  Used molding paste with stencils to make the birds, grass, and sun..love molding paste! Decided to make the tree more dimensional by adding "leaves"...it's actually small prima flowers that I misted, crumpled, and glued. Got that idea from a recent Creating Keepsakes magazine. Pretty nifty look I think!

This is a picture of..you guessed it, us, family:) These pics are pretty rare because it's usually me or my husband taking the pics. So even though it's not a perfect pic, I still cherish it!





1 comment:

  1. finally got in! lol This is just amazing...I love the scene and all the texture! totally fab!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...